View Single Post
Old 05.26.2006, 09:52 AM   #44
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I think Thom Yorke is nowhere near as good as he might think he is... But him and his mates have a good band who are so misunderstood, it's not funny. I really like The Bends a lot, and I cried when I heard Paranoid Android, while on pot. They were a band that defined a period for me, a weed and beer everyday period, before i went into the army... OK Computer seemed to be one of the most gloriously depressing albums I'd ever heard then, Exit Music was defiantly romantic in the face of hissing steam operated train doors and Electioneering and Lucky were great pop songs, Kid A and Amnesiac were good albums, with a unique slant on electronic music and rock. Thom Yorke maintained his sanity throughout, even with the stop start mania of pulk/pull revolving doors. I think Thom Yorke et al are really good musicians, but they're not really rock stars; and I've never understood why they became so immensely popular... Maybe I'm starting to see it now... Just another recycle bin icon, trash receptacle, OK Computer was the dumping ground of the world. ???