Thread: Hardcore Punk
View Single Post
Old 12.07.2006, 05:45 PM   #55
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i wasnt there...but i know my history...DK's came in the late 70's...and were westcoast....hardocre came in the early 80s...it was eastcoast.

the dks kind actually knew how to play...not the most complexx shit out there...but much more complex than hardcore.

There was a fucking shit-ton of LA hardcore in the early 80s.
Not to mention the UK!
If you "know your history" so well, you'd think you would know that much.
Yeesh!
I wouldn't call the Dead Kennedys hardcore, but In God We Trust IS a hardcore album to my ears. Just like DOA had Bloodied But Unbowed, which was definitely hardcore though the rest of their stuff isn't. And yes, they are good musicians, which doesn't exclude them from making hardcore. It just makes it easier for them.

And I like Earth AD (hardcore), but not as much as the rest of their albums (not hardcore).
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|