Thread: Hardcore Punk
View Single Post
Old 12.07.2006, 05:03 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Black Flag had a spirit? You think Greg Ginn wouldn't take a punk bitch out into the alley and smack his face in for stealing his SST recordings?

the creative side of the music business is art. the other side is business. the two co-exist. shows do not get put on without a promoter, advertising, a place to play, etc. records do not get put out without someone to do it. lots of people put their own stuff out, which makes them their own management, production, distribution, etc. either way, they are putting out a product, and if you like a product ebnough you will save your allowance, get a job, sell something, whatever, to purchase said product.

file sharing is cool. downloading is a great tool to find new acts, but no band/label/promoter/distributor has ever made any money off of file sharing.

there is a reason that Jeff Pinkus started alternative tentacles, and that greg ginn started SST and that McKay started dischord, etc., and it was NOT to give their music away for free.