View Single Post
Old 04.18.2016, 06:49 AM   #99
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm not sure really. I liked Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, and I like what Jonny Greenwood's been doing. I liked their last album, and felt that it corrected for a few of the mistakes of In Rainbows by channeling krautrock (the In The Basement version is better than the actually King of the Limbs album, in my opinion) ... I liked their "SPECTRE" song, and think that if MGM had used it, the movie would have been significantly better.

But I feel like it's been so long that it would be really tough for them to make another really brilliant record I guess. I don't have any real solid reason for feeling this way, but I kinda do. They took a six year break after releasing albums pretty regularly for almost 20 years. It just makes me wonder if their time has passed. I could be wrong, and hope I am. But in the past six years a lot of their albums have started to sound dated. I think the only ones that really still hold up are Kid A and Hail to the Thief, and parts of OKC. They're going to have to pull a Portishead circa 2008 to make this work, which means a full overhaul of their sound. And from what I've read, some very old songs are rumored to be on the new album.

I wish 'em the best.

I wouldn't be so harsh. I still consider them to be a very talented and original band that is not afraid to explore new territories (at least, "new" regarding to the rock/indie territory they've been mostly associated with). I am now years ago from being a fan of the band (I was a real diehard some 15-20 years ago ... man, the time flies fast) but I know the're capable of coming up with something surprising.
There've been better albums (Kid A, OKC, for me also In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief) and also worse ones (Amnesiac and especially the terrible TKOL), and I don't see a reason why I should be skeptical about this. I'm actually pretty curious.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|