View Single Post
Old 04.20.2012, 09:22 PM   #15845
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha

House of the Devil was extremely interesting, but only in a visual sense. It really nailed that whole look of those slow burn 70's horror pictures, like Race With The Devil. The cinematography, unnecessary closeups or zoom ins/outs, those tripod tracking shots, they got that on the head. Though unfortunately, they also nailed the shitty narrative most of those movies have too. If you even half way know what these movies are like, you know every beat that's going to come up through the film as you watch it. Oh, this person is going to die here, she's going to do this, she's going to get drugged here, there's going to be a chased through the woods sequence here, amazingly predictable. But like I said, the visuals, are really interesting, so there's that.

I adored it. And I"ve hated most of Ty West's output but this movie is incedible.