View Single Post
Old 04.23.2010, 09:39 AM   #18
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
did you see why?
he does not like seeing an 11 year old girl murdering people, and he did not find it to fit with the cynical advertising gimmicks they are using to try and sell it as some sort of kids-try-to-ape-ninja-turtles flick.
it is one man's opinion. Ebert is always good for a read. I do not agree with him on some movie reviews, but he explains himself in a way that lets me know what the movie is really about. sometimes he hates flicks but the way he describes them make sme think I will like them. that is a GOOD critic

Yeah, while I don't always agree with his reviews he's one of the only movie critics left that I find consistantly worth reading. (J. Hoberman for the Village Voice and Philip French for The Guardian being two others.) Ebert's early reviews are amazing. I think he's getting too conservative now but never at the expense of being interesting.

His scrips for Meyer back in the 70s (which included Up! and Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens as well as the already mentioned Beyond the Valley of the Dolls) are also really great.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|