View Single Post
Old 08.05.2008, 02:42 PM   #118
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
There must be more to loving music than that, please.

I even compromised with the fact that, ok it's Radiohead and people like them etc, but the continuous and repetitive mantra that they have made some of the greatest records in the world at any given opportunity has reached ridiculous and plain oppressive proportions.

I'd give it to The Beatles that they made some phenominally influential records and they deserve the place in music history that they have, but when you can't help thinking that way too many of their voters seem incapable of enthusing about all their innovative blah blah blah methods and can't move from step A to B because of pure and simple laziness and lack of any sense of adventurous taste, often masked by plain and simple misinformed arrogance, you can't help being more than a bit let down by the (more or less) same list of greatest records over and over.

And I almost categorally refuse to put any records in any particularly privileged position than others either, since as often has been said on here, it is all a bit subjective when it comes to music, more so when it comes to rock music, I think.
I agree with most of this, but sometimes it's just fun to see what the combined "favorites", without having to flesh through everyone's individual tastes. Everyone realizes these aren't actually the greatest albums, or even necessarily the most-liked albums on the board; it's just the most-voted albums at a particular point. But it's still interesting to see
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|