View Single Post
Old 12.06.2018, 07:25 PM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
One day I will figure out this "ripping" thing.
nooooo

you'll get in trouble sharing illegal files from a military installation

but if you want to back up your own files for your own protection at the same quality for future proofness...

look for FLAC encoders and go from there (took about 1/3 the space as i recall... don't know these days)

o man, i remember the ripping era... luckily i no longer need

last time i tried to back up my discs, a few years ago, i did it on itunes on a mac. and the thing automatically found cover images, etc... then deposited them on my local file server

but holy fuck i got bored with the process and then hardware failure kiboshed the whole project (the cloud was not quite there back then, this was like 2 years before icloud was launched) and oh who has the TIME to look after this. i must work for a living.

i lack patience to manage collections. i love the library, but i prefer to use it than to manage it

(i have made peace with this now)

anyway, yeah... be nice to your discos. cd-r is particularly fragile
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|