View Single Post
Old 08.05.2014, 02:45 PM   #58
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ah man, here I thought I was going to bring something new to the table.

Thurston Moore Forms new band with Steve Shelley, My Bloody Valentine's Deb Googe on bass, and James Sedwards

I have not read this thread in full. I haven't even read the above article from beginning to end, but I hope... I really, really, really hope that Chelsea Light Moving doesn't end up being a one-time-thing. Of all the Sonic Youth side projects we've seen come and go over the years, I think it was possibly the only that had a unique enough sound and personality to become its own thing.

The hard edged sound was unexpectedly fresh and new sounding, and had more of a drone/stone noise-rock vibe to it than Sonic Youth ever did. They were either just-plain-noise, no-wave, noise-jam-type thing, or in the instance of Rather Ripped, noise-pop.

But CLM was not just an extension of the SY sound. I really hope that group keeps going, maybe with some shared vocals, and non-Thurston lyrics on it's next go around.

Still, I think we can expect excellent things from this new band setup.

Someday I'd like Thurston and Lee to make a record with Kevin Shields and J. Mascis, maybe with Bobby Gillespie on drums, and... Fuckit, how about Novoselic on bass? That would be great, especially if they sold themselves as something other than a "super group."

I will resume dreaming now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|