View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 09:00 AM   #58
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
hmmm...i've also started to think about the "beginners" part of the beginners guide you mentioned...if someone came from listening to anything remotely discordant and then faced with an incapacitants record, they probably would not listen to a single sound without covering their ears.

most people begin listening to dissonant rock or free jazz and at some point get plugged to noise. i don't know how a harsh-harsher-harshest scenario can work; in my case, i liked noisy rock for a long time, then listened to other stuff that was kinda ok (wolf eyes, sightings) but it wasn't until i heard merzbow's veneorology that i really got excited about this, mainly because how opressive and 'unlistenable' it was.

therefore, i would recommend to anyone getting into noise to get straight to the harsh shit (masonna, merzbow, incapacitants, hiyokaidan, etc.).

one album, though, that's probably the best introduction and not because it's soft enough to be liked at first listen, it's hard as fuck, but at the same time it's well arranged and executed it's one of the best albums from start to finish. kevin drumm's sheer hellish miasma.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|