Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.10.2006, 01:54 PM   #385
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Hip Priest, the mystery track is No-Neck Blues Band, "The Doon," from Qvaris.

It's very nice. Here's what happened:

On the first listen, I didn't refer to the tracklisting. Somehow, on the second listen (when I was writing my comments), I must have missed a vital bit. A telephone call, I think. I won't bore you with the details. Anyway, on the tracklisting you have Royal Trux listed as before Velvet Underground, when in fact they are after Velvet Underground. So my comments on Royal Trux in the review were actually on No Neck Blues Band! Bear in mind, I'd never heard either band before, so I was ignorant of the distinction.

On listening again today, I realised that there was what appeared to be an extra track before Velvet Underground. I confirmed by checking a sample of NNBB's Doon online. Gosh.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|