View Single Post
Old 03.15.2016, 10:41 AM   #1115
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
^and that's why I didn't want to hear it even when it pained you. I didn't want to "live with" an album that was still influx.

And the whole Tidal "exclusive" thing gives him license to do this forever. You pay a monthly fee to hope that eventually he stops changing around the thing you're paying to have access to.

You know, I actually think it could be kind of a revolutionary thing if done right. To have an "album" out there whose evolution people can actually witness. It's not really something that's ever been done before. It would break down walls between listener and artist. Maybe that's what's happening? But it's not CLEAR enough. Nothing is clear enough!

If he wanted to make the making of his album public, he should have announced that. Should have said "hey, I'm going to do this crazy thing where I put out an album and then live-mix and master it in front of the whole world, while taking the thoughts and opinions of fans into consideration as I go. And it's going to be a (insert pre-determined time limit here, like 1 month maybe) process, and then I'll drop the album and you can hear what you were all a part of"

If he'd done that, said that, it would be a novel and fascinating concept. But who the hell knows what he's doing? Kim seems to think he's going to release the album once it's done, but who the fuck knows? She also said we'd get GOOD Fridays again, and that went to shit immediately.

Still, I'm glad I've been listening to the album. It's just been a blast for me. I wouldn't have it any other way. I still don't really get why some people aren't interested in hearing it until it's "done," because honestly, it's done! Anything he does now is basically remixing.

There's 18 Kanye West songs out there, and they're "done" enough for every major news publication to review them. They're done enough for the songs to have an impact on fans, as they have done. You might be holding out for a worse "final" product! And assuming he does eventually release it a final version I'm pretty sure you're going to be interested in hearing what the album "was" for the first month of its life anyway.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and you guys will listen to the new album and never be curious about what it originally sounded like. But I don't see that happening.

I'm irked because he's playing with "Famous" which is my favorite track on the album, and I have no way of knowing whether or not he's making it better, but as far as I'm concerned it didn't need to be better, was already my favorite song of the year.

Mostly I just want more transparency. I want to know what's going on and what the long term goal of this bullshit is. If I knew that it would be far less irritating.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|