View Single Post
Old 05.19.2012, 05:50 PM   #107
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i just dropped a few names and that lead people to catch feelings, sorry. my point was basically, rappers don't always have to be the most technically gifted to make memorable records (though if you look at my top 25, i actually think you'll only find above average rappers..).

i like the two Biggie albums, Diddy's debut and especially Ma$e's debut. plus his team did most of the production on American Gangster. that's about it. but yeah, Diddy is ignorant as fuck, a snake and probably not a very good rapper. but he's funny, and his impact on hip-hop/R&B is overlooked.

Oddly, I actually kind of enjoy his personality. It's fun to watch him interact with people. He's strangely compelling. Ah... I'm probably condemning myself here, but it's perfectly sensible. I just can't explain it.

I mean he's obviously a total douche (he's not "cool" to any demographic, and- really- who the fuck listens to BadBoy anymore anyway? Do you know anybody who listens to anyone on BadBoy? I don't) but you get the sense that he know he's a douche and is playing it up.

I thank him for Biggie. Specifically the cheeseball production on "Juicy," which is all the more awesome for its cheesiness. But yes, he's an awful rapper and a media manipulator of the highest degree. I don't even know if he "makes music" anymore. Occasionally I pass a Sean-Jean fragrance in the mall and am shocked that anyone would pay such an outrageous price for a product of such embarrassing origin. That's all he is to me at this point. Now that I don't have a tv to watch Vh1 on, that is.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|