View Single Post
Old 08.17.2007, 12:26 PM   #11
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
this all can be said about anything YOUTH CULTURE. Youth culture thinks everything that is a part of it is brand new, never before seen, never befor heard, and all important!

I don't agree with that at all. It may have been the case in the sixties, or during punk, but currently, youth culture seems obsessed with the past. Certainly more than when I was in my late teens, early 20s. This new generation have information on tap. The rise of CDs has led to a massive process of reissueing old 'classics.' Old records when I was a teen was largely the preserve of dusty old vinyl collectors. Now anyone with a few quid/bucks/yen can get the complete works of Robert Johnson, ffs - delivered to their door. I wonder how many people in their teens and early 20s had even HEARD of Robert Johnson, let alone listened to him, in the 80s.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|