View Single Post
Old 08.17.2007, 11:24 AM   #1
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Right, so, the 'first CDs' thread got me thinking. A lot of bands that, to me, are new-ish are actually now quite old. I read an article about Bloc Party saying they're part of the 'old guard' of indie now. While, in my cultural memory, they're still pretty new. And only on their 2nd album. This isn't a 'young people's culture isn't like in my day' because, to be honest, it's not that different. I just have better things to worry about than the latest hairstyle of my favourite lead singer.

BUT.

It is quite disturbing how some of the posters round here make me feel like 'youth culture' is a distant world from me when, in fact, I'm only 25.

So I suppose this thread is an appeal to the genuinely old posters (I'm looking in your direction, Messrs L and 'racist' Marras) as to how one deals with this without becoming a belligerent old twat whinging about how young people don't understand things properly (I'm sure I don't have to name names there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|