View Single Post
Old 07.25.2017, 07:44 AM   #48947
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
the "song about susan" song is... "So Much For The Afterglow" haha. I still like that album quite a bit. I've listened to it more than once in the past year. There's a couple of cloying clunkers, but overall I think it's a solid album.

Did you ever hear any of their pre-Sparkle stuff, though? World Of Noise is awesome. Actually my favorite Everclear song ever is probably "Loser Makes Good." They had a live EP that came out after Afterglow, and I was excited that they had kept that song in the setlist even while obviously aiming for more mainstream ears.

Anyway, I'm not just saying "oh yeah I like that song too" - "Bette Davis Eyes" has also coincidentally always been one of those songs that just hits me in the friggin' heart. I don't even know if I've ever heard another Kim Carnes song in my life. Maybe? But that song is just gorgeous beyond belief.