View Single Post
Old 07.24.2017, 09:28 AM   #48941
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
2001:

Aphex Twin - Drukqs

Yeah, of course, this x 1,000. I would have mentioned it before, but I was kind of making a point about rock-type stuff, and this didn't really fit.
It's so weird that this album got such a luke warm response. Rolling Stone gave it 1 star, then turned around and gave it 4/5 in its printed album guide.
Pitchfork, which at the time was just a bunch of kids faking expertise, gave it a 5.5/10 Now they write features about how "Avril 14" is RDJ's most influential and transformative track (which I don't actually think is true, but it certainly has become part of the zeitgeist). Q Magazine? 2 stars. Spin? 5/10. But it's now pretty universally adored. Or at least, people pretend to adore it because they like "Blame Game" or they're just going off of what others have said. Either way, it was my favorite Aphex Twin album for YEARS. Now I think I prefer a few of the others, but I still think of Drukqs as one of RDJ's most challenging and powerful works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Bjork - Vespertine
Cannibal Ox - Cold Vein
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
Pixies - Complete B Sides
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Gorillas - Gorillaz
Low - Things We Lost In The Fire
The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2
Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You

^ Yup. But don't forget:
Jim O'Rourke - Insignificance
Mouse on Mars - Idiology
Fennesz - Endless Summer
Daft Punk - Discovery
Stereolab - Sound-Dust
A Silver Mt. Zion - Born into Trouble as Sparks Fly Upward
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Ease Down the Road
And the freaking Argument!

Can't agree with some of your choices there. Jimmy Eat World? Bush? Negatory mon frer.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|