Thread: Girls Rock! DC
View Single Post
Old 08.17.2009, 06:20 PM   #110
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend

THANK YOU! I was also trying to articulate this point. Lots of the girls who these camps cater towards don't have music programs in their schools. Their parents can't afford to buy them instruments or give them instructions. Some of the girls who my partner coached in the camp almost cried when she mentioned that their grandparents might have to pay $10 to get into the show....

You just got repped!

That's the one thing I thought was good about it. I think it's really important to give people that don't have much money a chance.

Quote:
i think girls rock sounds like a good idea, i don't know why everyone else is being such a dick about it. as if no musicians they like ever took lessons or even studied their instrument to an advanced level, because if taking no lessons was the best way for lydia lunch to learn to play then it's the best way for everyone.... especially if they don't want to sound like no wave. although obviously most 9 year olds want to start a teenage jesus & the jerks cover band.

After all the bullshit I'm pretty embarrassed to still say it, but what I was trying to say is, there's nothing wrong with getting lessons, I just don't think you can get lessons on how to be original and how to be yourself and if you need them, you'll never learn it. But ... fuck it
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|