View Single Post
Old 02.07.2009, 03:53 PM   #5433
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i watched simple men.
im not sure what to think on hal hartley. ive seen one other film of his (trust) and i dont know.
simple men is defiantly a good moon. and it defiantly has the cool facotr. and the scene with kool thing is one of the better dance scenes in cinema. but i dont know. those dialogues (which are his trademark) can get really annoying at times.
so i dont know

that's funny (funny peculiar not funny ha ha) cuz i love hartley's dialogues above most else in his films. they are always slightly insane and very theatrical-- the characters definitely do no speak "like real life". i think hartley might have come out of playwriting. if you don't believe me watch david mamet's "house of games" & notice the commonalities of that movies' dialogue with hartley's-- mamet of course is a playwriter above anything else. but the dialogue is always fucking great!

let me do a little digging: he actually studied painting in art school. but the theatricality of his dialogue is very clear to me.

hm... his resume lists only 1 stage play
http://www.filmreference.com/film/35/Hal-Hartley.html

anyway, im rambling at this point...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|