View Single Post
Old 12.12.2007, 12:53 AM   #69
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i'll post my personal low points and disappointments, then at some point the high points (work in progress):

-the weirdness
-beyond
-boss
-in rainbows (disc one has some great songs but it's the first underwhelming and static rh album since pablo honey)
-grinderman (could have been an spectacular ep, ended up being an ok to good album).
-big business - here come the waterworks (after the brilliant head for the shallow, the guys do an album of mediocre melvins-wannabe songs).
-spoon - ga ga ga ga ga (good but i haven't really listened to it again)
-angelcorpse - of lucifer and lightning (very by the numbers for a return of a brilliant band)
-pelican - city of echoes (like b-sides of their last album)
-pretty much everything on load records (mediocre releases by great bands, mostly)
-modest mouse - the ship sank whatever (even though some tunes are amazing)
-low - drums and guns (a failed experiment, "your poison" and "murderer" almost make up for the duds)
-chinese stars - left side of the brain (dire, awful band)
-xasthur - defective epitaph
-von südenfed
-wu-tang clan - 8 diagrams (some songs are good, though)
-beirut - the flying club cub
-down III
-black dice - load blown (but i didn't expect much)
-iron and wine - shepherd's dog
-caribou - andorra
-qui - love's miracle
-blues control (seemed half baked)
-leslie keffer and inca ore tape (had big hopes for both)
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|