Thread: I am hung over.
View Single Post
Old 01.28.2015, 09:39 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
that is a good amount of vodka.

yes! it makes a nice pitcher that serves 4 big tumblers. i haven't done the numbers for an individual recipe, and that's okay because we're 2 and can't have just one (it's too tasty). usually we drink it all morning while watching bad movies on lazy day (saturday or sunday, depending).

the vodka doesn't have to be expensive btw-- i've done taste tests, and the tomato and spices and citrus acid etc destroy any subtlety and make smoothness irrelevant. so i make it with smirnoff & save the tito's for where it counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
worcestershire is pronounced

"wooster-shuh" or "wooster-sheer" depending on your regional accent (i say the former)

(as in jeeves and wooster - i appreciate this is another very british example but my experiences in america tell me that people know what this is - you can look it up)

although most people call worcestershire sauce "lea and perrins" after the brand

or in sheffield (&yorkshire in general) it's "henderson's" (after henderson's relish)

i knew about the wooster part but never the end ha ha. i suspected something like the shire from the hobbits but i see that no. thanks!

in spanish it's known as salsa inglesa ("english sauce").
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|