View Single Post
Old 12.05.2013, 03:29 PM   #3996
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
How many corruption scandals, high level ones, has international top shelf futbol had in the past 5 years? I mean MASSIVE scandals, drug running, corruption, fixed World Cup qualifiers? involving actual parliamentary members? At least 6 that I know of, and many more that I never heard of!

How many scandals have the Rockets been a part of since 1980? one, and it was a claim that the someone cheated getting the lottery pick that netted us Hakeem Olajuwon. NOT the same thing.

futbol has no instant replay, one single ref (plus ineffectual line judges that arbitrarily enforce the offsides penalties) which makes it very easy to corrupt. very easy to BUY.

its not about the rockets, its about the NBA in general, which is NOTORIOUS for questionable officiating otherwise known as match-fixing. Its a fact of basketball, and EVERY NBA fan knows it. Same with the NFL, though the more obvious scandals have been less about officiating and more so related to teams outright cheating (Spygate) or playing totally dirty (Bountygate).. Again, if you somehow think that futbol is more corrupted than the American sports you follow, then you are either hopelessly dense or dangerously naive. Either, way, come off it man! Sports are hardly the appropriate manifestation of holier-than-thou smug self-righteousness..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|