View Single Post
Old 12.05.2013, 03:14 PM   #3995
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
What, and none of that ever applies to the NBA and your precious Rockets or the NFL and the, uh, Texans? Come off it man, sports isn't exactly the Virgin Mary yo! Its crooked, rigged, dirty, and corrupt. Its also a fun narrative to enjoy watching and following (hence the other 99%) and also a way to engage and relate to people all over the country and the world.

How many corruption scandals, high level ones, has international top shelf futbol had in the past 5 years? I mean MASSIVE scandals, drug running, corruption, fixed World Cup qualifiers? involving actual parliamentary members? At least 6 that I know of, and many more that I never heard of!

How many scandals have the Rockets been a part of since 1980? one, and it was a claim that the someone cheated getting the lottery pick that netted us Hakeem Olajuwon. NOT the same thing.

futbol has no instant replay, one single ref (plus ineffectual line judges that arbitrarily enforce the offsides penalties) which makes it very easy to corrupt. very easy to BUY.