Thread: Metal Box book
View Single Post
Old 02.18.2012, 10:33 AM   #20
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
I don't think there's a different mix between Metal Box and Second Edition. I think i had heard that too. I'm wondering if that's just rumor based on other similar things going on with them, like Commerical Zone, in which Levine took an albums worth of material after Second Edition that was a diff version than "This is What You Want". And then you had the Wobble album you spoke of. I have a few versions of Second Edition. Vinyl, 2 copies of the cd, and Metal Box and they sound the same. BUT the Metal Box canister reissue thing sounds utterly fantastic due to fine remastering. Don't know if they're still producing em', but I HIGHLY recommend it.

No, not different mixes. But because the box set is on 45rpm, the sound quality is markedly better.