Thread: minimal living
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2018, 07:41 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh! yeah.

i’m not a psychologist so that part of things i’ve no idea. i’ve had plenty therapy though, lol (and it helped, yeah).

i’ve never had that problem, and since my knowledge of these things is empirical and not theoretical, i really don’t know.

maybe you’re part ferengi!

but yes i get it. you’re attaching yourself to your things. so— maybe read some philosophy?

maybe find meaning in actions not objects? you know: have a sense of mission. make your life be about something... bigger than you? a “cause” or whatever.

what you’re saying sounds to me like you feel the need to make and present your Self (not “yourself” but Your Self) through consumption. right? “owning objects that represent x makes me part of x”

so, rather than focus on fighting consumption... maybe think how you could leave it behind? find more important things to do and think about? transcend rather than oppose, if you will. “go high”

just a guess this might work.... but i’m not a telepath!

happy to discuss the matter though.

eta: check out maslow’s hierarchy of needs
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|