View Single Post
Old 04.04.2019, 07:53 PM   #9
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Sit down with a guitar and “Come as You Are.” Figure out how to reproduce the main riff. It won’t take you all the way, but it’s a great way to get your fingers moving and other things will feel easier afterward.

Also, learn to sing *while playing that riff* and you’ll knock down another hurtle. Also, you’ll respect Kurt Cobain a little more.

Very simple riff, but it helps boost confidence and gets you going. It’s also easy to figure out by ear, so it’s free.

I’ve never formally taught anyone, but I’ve been in some bands with some new players, and this has worked every time.... at least in helping people get to the point where they’re comfortable with basic stuff.

It’s how I first started to learn to play, too.

For real.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|