View Single Post
Old 04.04.2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm learning how to play guitar. I know there's a lot of guitarists/other musicians on this board, so I figured I'd start a thread chronicling my experience as a new guitarist.

At my disposal I currently have:

Seven stringed ESP LTD SC-207 guitar
Rocksmith 2014 with the USB cable which allows me to connect my guitar directly to my PC
Orange Crush 35RT amp
Case of Snarling Dog 1.5mm picks
4 Pedals: Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3, a DigiTech Obscura Altered Delay, a DOD Carcosa Fuzz, and a Boss Flanger BF-2

(any opinions on chain order? I'm actually really digging how the delay sounds leading into the fuzz. I wasn't expecting that)

I even have some DiMarzio Imperium 7 pickups for my bridge and neck ready for when I eventually feel the urge to "upgrade" my current rig.

Despite the gear, I'm an absolute beginner at guitar. Right now I'm currently working on mastering "My Own Summer" by the Deftones via Rocksmith as my 'first song'. I'm also practicing these chords, and transitioning between them with 'alternate picking' to the best of my ability:

It's an excessive amount of gear for a beginner, but it's more than enough to keep me busy for a long while. I probably shouldn't have started off with a 7 string, but it was the instrument which spoke to me, which is the most important part of learning something like this. I have no problem ignoring that low b for now.

What say you, SYG?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|