View Single Post
Old 12.30.2014, 02:36 AM   #1606
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
word man!! Mike Free talks about musical innovation and stuff you'd never hear from Mustard himself, this man knows what's up, it only makes sense to me that he made at least SOME of his beats.

EDIT:
Quote:
About "Meet the Flockers"
Mike Free: The first time I met YG, he was honest and aggressive, but he was cool. It helped lead me into the direction of our sound. I was in Atlanta; I flew myself out here to help with [My Krazy Life]. It was last minute. They said that they wanted a song to go before “My Nigga”—I produced “My Nigga” also—and they needed a song to go next to it. I was like, "Cool," and came up with a few different bass lines. But they weren’t really vibing with it.

I randomly stumbled on the idea, and it became the song. I wasn’t really vibing with it at first, but when YG heard it, I seen his face change. He was like, “This is it.” He went in the booth and just started saying, “Flockers.” I felt kinda disappointed [My Krazy Life wasn’t nominated for a Grammy] but it only inspired me to work way harder.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|