View Single Post
Old 06.05.2014, 01:44 PM   #46651
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
"Senior (Tales of Yankee Power)" by Dylan (which I can't find in its original form on youtube at all--but check it out if you don't know it already. It's a good one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Promise
Some other day I will attempt delving into his religious phase a bit.

Slow Train Coming is "good," as in it isn't shit.

I think that describes most of his post-accident output, barring his last masterpiece, John Wesley Warding.

The one "Senior" is on, Street Legal, is "good." New Morning, Planet Waves, Desire, even Infidels. The eighties mostly sucked, but Oh Mercy at the end of the decade was good, musically at least. The two acoustic albums World Gone Wrong and Good As I've Been to You are good, I think. And he seems to be putting out respectable work nowadays, but for some reason I can't be bothered. Maybe I need the passage of time? Maybe in 30 years Modern Times will rank among his finest?

Which is just about everything up to his accident. Almost pure gold. A few daft songs, mostly when he's trying to be funny. But take the best songs off his debut through the accident and holy shit.

His early period is so amazing that the later "good" albums really aren't that good. The magic's gone.

Putting on Dylan just now is the first time I've done so in years. And until I wrote all this, it absolutely slipped my mind that I've listened to every damn thing he's made, most of it many times, except his last four or five albums. So am I fan or not? Weird.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|