View Single Post
Old 06.16.2006, 04:29 PM   #49
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn@ke

I would love to hear how do you play dirty boots using standard tuning, you can't play those things, but..who knows, you're da musician!

...oh and good luck trying to play the intro:

Intro:
D|----5-------7-------2-------4-------5-------7-------2-------4------|
E|--3-------5-------0-------2-------3-------5-------0-------2--------|
G|---------------------------------------------------------------etc-|
D|-5---5---7---7---2---2---4---4---5---5---7---7---2---2---4---4-----|
G|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

I know how are you going to play that using standard tuning, something like this?:

E|-----3----5----0----2-----|
B|--------------------------|
G|--------------------------|
D|--5-5--7-7--2-2--4-4------|

A|--------------------------|
E|--------------------------|

that doesn't sound exactly like the song, you need that low E.

i can play the intro, main progression, and chorus in standard. And no thats not how I play the intro. The fact is you cant get the same exact octaves as the song, but you can get the main idea down and to a casual fan probably pass it off as how they play it. I dont see how this warrants the use of alternate tuning. The tuning is irrelevant for the song. Thurston wasnt thinking how weird he could get it sound. He was thinking of how to play a V- IV- I progression in A followed by the IV chord of D. Why do you think people think U2 copied off the chorus riff. Because it can be easily immiated in standard....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|