View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 04:48 PM   #109
Johnny American
little trouble girl

Johnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlock_jds
Is this part of the problem? people wanting the continued 'phishyness' of their recent work and the band dipping back?

Sister, Washing Machine and Murray Street are probably my favorite records by them. Sister sometimes gets switched out with Daydream Nation, and Murray Street with Sonic Nurse despite having some less-than-interesting tracks. And then there's the fact that I love the majority of songs on probably most of their records except "Goo," EJSTNS, ATL, "Rather Ripped" (which is about 50-50), Confusion is Sex (sorta?) and obviously The Eternal. I don't know what exactly is Phish-y/jam band-y about the ATL through now stuff except for "Hits of Sunshine," which I thought was about as boring as they could get until this album. If anything, the Jim O'Rourke albums had elements of classic rock, not jam band music.
Johnny American is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|