View Single Post
Old 06.20.2015, 08:27 PM   #1077
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
No offense, but this is comically over-the-top and totally unfair. I'm guessing you're aware of this, and are just havin' a bit of a rant for entertainment's sake, which is fine.

But if this isn't at least 50% snark, then I would be remiss if I failed to address the rhetorical corner-cutting, and the faulty reasoning hidden in this jungle of superfluous verbiage.

For instance: that implication that by making music that some have subjectively categorized as "synth-pop" (a genre that you subjectively characterize as "sad sack whiteboy music") Kanye forfeit his right to be pissed off about racism?
That is, of course, totally absurd, yes? Not just absurd or illogical but, like, five different kinds of dumb as well. And you're not dumb, so knock it off.

synthpop is objectively the sound of the white man's internals, as much is essentially inarguable; it's inherently white music about inherently white problems. so to bemoan the co-opting of your own culture by a power which has actively exerted power over you for centuries only to blatantly copy that very culture (for which he harbours an apparently vehement loathing) is, what do you call it, the very fucking definition of hypocrisy. you can't engage with a system and reap its benefits for your own ends and then subsequently complain about how it's altogether more sinister, that's ridiculous. you're not subverting anything you're just an idiot.

but again I mean you're getting me away from the fact that kanye west's music is insipid trash. am I seriously meant to believe he's a genius because he gleaned inspiration from a lamp like are you fucking shitting me? his purported vision is in no way befitting of any kind of congratulatory bullshit, much less on the level he in actuality receives, and the literal enacting of that vision is done by producers who evidently have (in some cases, fk u hudmo & evian christ you hacks) considerable talents as compared to kanye's half-baked moral grandstanding/exhibitions of relative self-loathing so as to justify his innumerable hypocrisies ('the delicate polymath torn apart by internal fragilities'). I find it remarkable that he can be so priggish about his work when his contributions essentially amount to him ranting about how much pussy he's eaten.

hehehehehehee

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|