View Single Post
Old 09.30.2016, 10:43 AM   #3111
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I have distinctly noticed an increase in use of nigga by teenagers of all races, its basically become normalized, its the "bro" of the 2010s....

I confess to using this word, sometimes quite frequently, but I ALWAYS imply N.I.G.G.A. (never ignorant about getting goals accomplished) or like Game same

"the word nigga ain't nothing like nigger one is slang for my brother the other is hanging dead take a picture"

When I lived in the city (any city really), I heard the word constantly, but never NEVER from white folks unless there was nobody around. Even the racist ass motherfuckers I knew kept that word mostly to themselves, probably because uttering it publically would almost certainly result in an altercation they weren't prepared for.

Now that I'm in a small town (which is like an alien land to a city boy like me, on ankumber of different levels), I hear the word on an almost daily basis. And since there are only about a handful of black people here, it's almost always coming out of the mouth of some fucker using the "slang" variation to cover up their hate with what they think passes for humor.

My neighbor, on Obama: "I'd put that ni**er through a wood chipper"

Fucking terrifying. Makes me wish the first amendment wasn't a thing. Makes me feel full-fledged hatred for people who could say such things. I don't like feeling hatred.

It's very unsettling that white people are trying to re-appropriate the word that it took black people centuries to appropriate from the whites. It's not just pop culture lingo. It's perhaps the single most charged word in history. I get that some folks may use it without meaning any harm, so I'm not gonna get preachy about every little use of the word. But it's a reminder of just how little progress we've actually made when people use the word without thinking twice.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|