Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.07.2009, 03:01 PM   #16
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I was more in reference to critical praise for otherwise unnoteworthy albums. That was not a crack at your own musical tastes, more the mainstream "oh yeah, we heard the gossip and their cool" vibe..
I think the music industry was affraid to criticize her because of her differences.. I heard the critical praise and tried to like the albums, but I did not, and this was having NEVER seen or heard of or knew anything about Beth Ditto. I just did not like the sound, it was mediocre at best.. so I was thinking to myself, jesus this band sucks! Why do all these writers keep praising this band as if they did not suck? then I saw the front woman, and I got it instantly. As I said, it is more subliminal pity points if anything. It is politie to leave people who are different alone, whether they are what we think of extremely attractive or unattractive, we show favortism towards extremes.

okie that makes more sense. i heard "lesson learned" on a mix long before i knew who who beth ditto was and i really liked it. then again, i tend to like most riot grrl-ish stuff...it's kinda a weak point of mine.

that being said, i think that beth ditto has also gotten a lot of hate from the music industry.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|