View Single Post
Old 10.10.2011, 08:02 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I've gone back and forth with Wilco, loving some of their shit, and yawning at an equal amount.

But I think, after listening to them for over ten years, that they probably rank among my top 20 or so bands.

I'm not a Yankee Hotel Foxtrot freak. I think it's a good album, and I appreciate the move towards spaciness (spaciousness? space-rock? kraut?), but I think A Ghost is Born is a far far better album. I was raised on Being There, but I've always skipped tracks. I think I'm finally coming around to liking it as a whole, though. Summerteeth is still not a favorite, but I really like moments of their last three albums (especially Wilco the Album). There are still songs I can't stand.

Basically, I think they should be more spacey- more noise, more long songs, more integration of folk and kraut- and more experimental, but they're great live and they've made a few of my favorite songs of the 00's.

does anyone like Wilco (the band)?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|