View Single Post
Old 08.20.2017, 05:35 PM   #1578
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i dont understand what you're just sayin'. like.. what about these numbers? i dont understand (sorry.) explain?

as for the star trek movie (forget the #) i mentioned it cuz there are some major similarities between that movie and this story. namely, "we're at this impossible place in the universe looking for a miraculous x" and the miraculous x happens to be a fallen god of sorts. the writers were heavily influenced. comparisons for me are inevitable. then again, intertextuality is a bitch. and don quijote is in every novel, or something.

but yeah i always though that was the point of dr. who--ideas. it was shown on pbs when i first saw it, ha ah ha. and with the cardboard sets the appeal had to be the ideas. i mean. i saw a bit of the first season the other day and it had the worst production values ever ha ha ha. then again nothing wrong wth that, but when there's no spectacle one has to rely on actual ideas and imagination.

btw--have you ever seen i claudius? holy fuck. that thing is the best thing ever made for peanuts.

Whoops, our wires got crossed somewhere. Probably my fault. I know what you' were getting at with the plot of "Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier" (Star Trek V) being very similar to that of Impossible Planet/Satan Pit.

With the numbers I was just saying basically that just about everyone seems to hate that Star Trek movie, except a very few people. You and I happen to be two of those people. I thought that was cool... I guess.

More later! Sorry for confusion!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|