View Single Post
Old 12.18.2012, 02:57 PM   #439
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
OK so Jesus Piece is the weakest major label Game album. But I still think it's *good*... just not as good as the four preceeding it. And no surprise, but "See No Evil" w/ Kendrick is the best track on there.

Dude, I seriously hope you are tripping. I haven't heard this album yet, but I just barely saw it yesterday when I was shopping for the family and I WANT IT! The Game has always hinted and tip-toed about conscious and indeed Christian music, and as a conscious person I need that reflected through my art. This seems like The Game finally went out there, and for no reason other to than to be honest and hold it down, put out a conscious album reflecting his spiritual reality. The youth need to hear that. It has to be about something with substance, something with hope, something transformational. I hope this album is one of those moments for mainstream rap music..

Ok, UPDATE, I just listened through a chunk of it, and I ain't hatin. Could it be better? Yes. The beats are better than shitty Red album though for real. Bit more westcoast throwback like we're used to. It is a bit too damned horny and pussy oriented for a conscious album, but fuck it, that is rap isn't it..

And like typical Game, the consciousness is subdued, in the background, foundational. However, its there, and in the world of shitty substance lacking music, this can be a step in the positive direction like when Tupac sang, "Who Do you Believe In?"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|