View Single Post
Old 06.22.2006, 05:51 PM   #80
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
i've read this interview from 1998 (atl era) today and i've found this. (maybe connection to setlist issue)

from Wire interview., May, 1998

Wire: do geffen hane any particular expectations for the album, now they've heard it?

Lee: i really dont't know what to make of such career curve expectations anymore. i feel more removed or divorced from the whole notion of MTV/radio culture, that whole big rock thing, than i ever have before. so my expectations for this record are really the most simple. we are going to go outh and play interesting shows, built almost asmost entirely of music written in the last year. here we are, 18 years in, and we are going out and playing music almost exclusively written this year. around the time of lollapalooza and for a few years after that we really made an effort to play songs from various periods, we wanted to draw from all different parts of this broad spectrum of work, because we really thought it would please the audience. but we don't want to do that anymore. we want to be a current band and exist alongside the young bands that we hang out with, or that we like to see playing and are only on their first or second record, so you judge them on their current repertoire.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|