View Single Post
Old 04.21.2014, 01:38 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Back in the early days of the internet I had a "fansite" of pics of Chelsea Clinton on geocities. The government sent me a cease and desist email to stop posting pictures of the President's daughter online. No lie

Ahhh, geocities and cease and desist letters.. Courtney Love's attorneys sent me one for having Nirvana fansite. Hahaha, the 1990s internet was such a surreal place because of the slow modem speeds. It was AOL chat and odd DIY websites. Of course, it was STILL better than today where everything is just advertising and for sale. Shit, doing a google search about a band you like or a book you are trying to find out about is worse than just turning on the TV and watching commercials. Also, don't search shoes, it will attack and destroy all your banner ads

There was a cartoon I saw, I don't even remember which one, where somebody was hallucinating or having a nightmare where they were being attacked by all the stereotypes of 1990s websites and internet chat. It was fucking hilarious, yet very apt.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|