View Single Post
Old 09.05.2009, 02:21 PM   #35
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
One thing I've been really offended by recently was the shit philosophy that goes on between Richard Dawkins-loving atheist scientists and intelligent design creationists. For instance, some poncy armchair scientist argued that the philosophy of science is entirely irrelevant to science.

That's amusing, I've been whinging about pop-athiests like Dawkins in a PM dialogue with a certain member of this board recently.

I find that while a lot of scientists will give a lot of time to philosophy in general, they tend to not concern themselves with the philosophers of science - your Poppers, Feyerabends, Lakatoses, Kuhns... actually, I can't think of any other philosophers of science at the moment. Hmm. I think it's like aesthetic philosophy/ critical theory, their relationship to the art world is always that of observation, artists themselves often prefer to get on with it rather than observe themself as a process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|