View Single Post
Old 08.13.2007, 06:35 PM   #7
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
Strange that you would start this thread, because I've recently made the exact same discovery! As proof, here are the myspace blogs I wrote about it (among other things--I was pretty stoned (obviously), so most of it's pretty random). But this album is awesome!! (As an aside, I went on to discover "Bad Moon Rising" stoned, which then became my favorite album. But EJSTANS held the title for a good two days!)

>>>This is what happens when Matt works the overnight shift, and I have no one to talk to.

* OMG, here's a memory: me and Jon driving up to Mark Cena's party, listening to Veruca Salt's "Resolver" (directly after Wilson Phillips' self-titled debut), then all of a sudden there's this roaring sound, like the aural part of TV snow turned up to "eleven" X [and (omg, I just (ahh!) changed a parenthasis to a bracket (and I just about did the same to this one (till I said "No! I'm not gonna take it anymore!!" (And god, "Bone" is fucking with me! * Oops, shit. Let me reread and regroup.
* [after 2 false starts] So (great job of regrouping, huh?)
* Aha! (starting at "X") [and why did Kim's yelping never strike me as this odd before? (in the best possible way!)]
* ...And so ever since then I've been living in fear of another spontaneous, ear-shattering eruption. Wait, what? But anyway, it chose to happen during "Screaming Skull."
* I really think this might be my favorite album. Wouldn't that be weird!
* I turned into Gollum during the last scream of "Sweet Shine."
* Oh lord, "Rock of Love" is still on. And it's still on... And what is he wearing??... And it's still on. And I am really ashamed of myself right now.

Currently listening :
Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star
By Sonic Youth
Release date: 10 May, 1994 http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=m...1&a=B000003TB0
12:01 AM - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
Monday, July 23, 2007

I love meat, salt, and EJSTANS

* "Now that's my idea of dessert!" (Oh, shit, I had this semi-clever thought direction (ahhhhhhh!) (and ps: this judge is a bitch!) about how to express my joy at seeing a contestant [on "America's Next Top Chef"] propose what basically amounted to a piece of duck on a stick ("Lollipop duck"), and something else that was coated in all sorts of delicious, but not very dessert-sounding, seasonings, as being a "dessert." But then I realized they had moved on to a different category.)
* Oh dear, I was afraid that would happen. Oh wait, I got it back (after the nasty t.v. tried to take it away!)
* "'Sweet Shine' is a total stoner jam!" (Then the crazy-ass ocd tangents) (and relating this to--oh, that's redundant.)
* Sheer beauty, random screams & pretty chord changes
* Ample time to turn it off, but if you forget to, you get one hell of a jolt.
* This is, as I have always contended, one of the best SY songs ever, and tonight it proved it to me like I had no idea why in the first place.
* The "Boom... Owww!" in 'Screaming Skull.' Why did I never notice it, and how fantastic!
* There was something else really important, but I'm done.
* "...So I'm gonna smoke that..." (It was about salmon, but she sounded fiendishly eager).

Currently listening :
Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star
By Sonic Youth
Release date: 10 May, 1994 http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=m...1&a=B000003TB0
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|