Thread: On The Strip
View Single Post
Old 12.20.2007, 08:58 PM   #18
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I love hearing live versions of JC (cherish 'em...it's like many have remarked...a very emotional song), but the album version is greatest though. You get to really hear the bass tones with the drums and Kim's voice is best in the studio for the most part. Damn, the way the guitars just propel into that song...wow.

Um, I should've listened to On The Strip first (something told me to do so) but the "outro" I wrote of earlier is, of course, actually a bridge because there is a final vocal part...oops. The bass rumble at the end of the bridge is just the best. I do love the outro (proper) of the tinny sonic death-y guitar; it's a nice finishing touch that fits.

There is that one guitar pick-scrape 'big rock move' thing that repeats twice rapidly during the chorus and it's a bit dated sounding...still works though.

In the verses it seems a lot like Lee doing some rather funky tones for Sonic Youth guitar. I imagine that when performed live the verses part sounds a bit boggy because it doesn't have, say, the bouncier bassline of Shoot...another grungy, sludgy number on Dirty.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|