View Single Post
Old 12.02.2015, 07:59 PM   #47532
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
It's interesting that artists who have spent a great amount of their lives subverting the song format and playing downright "unlistenable" music —like Kim Gordon and Jennifer Herrema, among others— enjoy, admire and exalt the virtues of Vile's art and stance, while mooks dump their sorry-ass prejudices of conventionalism on the guy. Kurt "has like nothing going on for him"? Check yourself into Bellevue.

Chill man, I'm just bustin' balls. I don't hate Kurt Vile... Not the way you seem to hate goofy '80s pop, and I already admitted to enjoying Constant Hitmaker. I even liked the first couple of War on Drugs releases OK (yeah, I know he's no longer in the band, but you get me)...

I just think most of his music is boring, and I think he's capable of doing a great deal more. Honestly, I initially saw some solid influences in his work (early '90s jangly Flaming Lips, and Meat Puppets for example) and I'm a bit annoyed that he's chosen to go for a more ordinary sound.

No mistake- everything he's done has been better than that goddamn terrible War on Drugs album from 2014. Lost in the Dream indeed.

I was just kinda puntzin around with you. I have nothing against him other than the fact that his music has been mostly narcolepsy inducing. I want him to succeed. I saw him open for Thurston Moore a few years ago and it was pleasant enough.

Now man up and admit that you love Duran Duran

(Btw: no offense, but whether or not "cool" folks like Kim Gordon like someone or something. If I don't like it, knowing that they do is not going to change a thing, nor should it. Though Kim is, of course, absurdly cool.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|