View Single Post
Old 07.04.2006, 12:23 PM   #42
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ok, i'll have to clarify, i like his early stuff, some of the best songs written in the 60's, for sure. but most of the stuff he did after that is just plain boring, too self righteous, egotistical, self indulgent and half assed. "like a rolling stone" is a good song but does it have to last for 6-plus minutes?! it should have lasted for half of that. if he is really the greatest singer/songwriter ever, then why would he make such repetitive and over-indulgent songs?

again, i don't hate him, in fact, i hardly think of him, but it irks me that every person who knows jackshit about music and every person who does know about music feels the need to whip out their "authorized music listener" license by saying dylan is the best there has ever been when that's short sighted.

and as i said, the buttholes were fun, scary, contrarian, funny and downright innovative and creative. i have a better time listening to EARLY buttholes, whereas EARLY dylan i have to really be in the mood to listen to him.

i prefer jack rose and no trend anyway.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|