View Single Post
Old 09.23.2015, 11:50 AM   #37
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Panty Lies is awesome!

One of the great things about SY is that there's probably not much concensus among fans as to the best songs. So many great songs and different styles to choose from. For example, I like The Diamond Sea very much, but not nearly as much as a lot of you do. Same with Rain on Tin. Neither song would make my top 10. With a band like Pink Floyd, on the other hand, I'd bet that most of their true fans would put Echoes among their top 10 Floyd songs (and they would be correct, but that's a separate discussion).

Maybe that's why when you see SY live, there's not a single song that they feel obligated to play. Whereas a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert without Freebird or Sweet Home Alabama would be unthinkable.

Sidebar: Obviously cover bands are trite sad circuses, but I always thought it would be fun to do a Floyd cover band exclusively focused on their pre-Dark Side material, second set culminating in Echoes. Book gigs exclusively in natural/ancient ampitheaters.
End sidebar.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|