View Single Post
Old 02.03.2017, 10:39 AM   #128
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
oh, most definitely! it's alive and blooming. I usually search for new stuff there and when I like it, I then go ahead and purchase the thing. It's like demo-versions of PC game, y'know.

Wait... back when I used it last (like... 10 years ago?) it was like Napster, I think. Just an outright file-sharing site. Is there something different about it now that makes it, like, not illegal to download music pre-release?

Up until about a year ago, I still engaged in torrenting and whatnot from time to time (like for the last Kanye album, which I desperately wanted to give someone money for, but nobody would let me). I didn't do it often, but for releases that were by my definition major, or that I just "couldn't live without" (didn't want to live without, and also wanted to have before anyone else) I'm afraid I did sneak a download from time to time. But I started getting letters from my internet provider, and link-hosting sites started to emphasize the severity of the punishments for being caught/charged. So I stopped completely.

But if Soulseek has adapted to the times to offer a legal alternative to leeching leaked pre-release albums, then I need to investigate. Please tell me about your experience there.

ETA: Also, I will Google it because I'm not completely helpless.
But anything you'd care to share would be much appreciated.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|