View Single Post
Old 07.30.2009, 12:41 PM   #1
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
Murray Street has been one of my favorite SY albums even since I first got it, and the in my opinion best song of it has always been Lee's Karen Revisited (or Karenology, whatever you prefer). It's fantastic. The first half of it is Sonic Rock at it's most epic. The guitars and chord changes are orgasmic and not really like anything else they have done. It's beautiful and dark and at the same time quite brutal. The vocals are perfect. The lyrics are Lee at his best.

2.30 into the song (and a bit before that) I've always got goosebumps. It's such a great climax and when you don't think it can get any better they go into Sonic Feedback mode for a while. Nothing special for them - at first. After a couple of minutes it gets slower and slower and then, a bit after the six minute mark, the most beautiful dreamlike guitar you can imagine start to play. Then they go into feedback mode again, but this time it's not as harsch and really really beautiful. When it stops with a couple of minutes left and they begin with that slide guitar thing or whatever it is, you're exhausted - in a really great way. For me it's not just my favorite SY tune, sometimes I even think it's the greatest song evah. It should have been called Better Than Sex.

What I want to say with this? Don't know haha, maybe just see if someone agrees with me. I just listened to it another three times in a row and really needed to express how fantastic it is.
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|