View Single Post
Old 06.18.2007, 12:18 PM   #97
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
A LOAD OF ASS

is what i've spotted in this thread.

sure i haven't read everything in detail, but who could?

starbucks rules-- i don't even drink coffee these days, but you had to be alive in the early 90's to know that all coffee available in this country was PISS.

that is, until starbucks came on to the scene.

all those "independent coffee shops" that people tout were latecomers, trying to ride on the tailcoats of the success of starbucks.

moreover:

starbucks pays benefits, offer scholarships, and offer other perks to its employees. i know people who used to work for starbucks & they enjoyed it.

"independent coffee shops" offer no security for its employees, no benefits, and most pay minimum wage and some get treated like shit and have no recourse-- i also have a friend who used to practically RUN a coffee shop in dc and one day the girlfriend of the owner took over & she was summarily kicked out.

the only "crime" that i'm aware of starbucks committed is to be successful at what they do. of course every contrarian hipster will cry "nooooo!" whenever something finds success. we prefer patronizing the place with the cockroaches, right? even when they pay misery wages.

now as i said before i don't even drink coffee anymore and i think that people could spend their money in something better, but if you need a good reliable cup of coffee, where else are you gonna go in, say, oklahoma? (maybe floatingslowly can answer that, but i stop at the starbucks in macarthur ave. and i-40).

if you want to cry about starbucks go drink coffee at macdonalds and dunkin donuts, bitches. because that's all there was before.

about selling music-- i hope they make a lot of money. coco's college is not going to be cheap.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|