View Single Post
Old 07.30.2015, 01:04 PM   #18874
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've never been able to stay awake through any warhol or morrissey films. and margit casterson in petra von kant, okay, she's got the iconic presence etc, but that movie is about much more than her being an icon-- it's about an icon

Fair enough about not seeing them but I didn't mean in terms of their iconicity but the power plays they both seemed to focus on. And by Superstars I just meant a regular group of performers who appeared in Fassbinder's films but were also part of his social circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

btw, i did put a sirk movie in my queue. since i'm obsessed with chronological developments i'm starting with "la habanera" in a kino edition. i'll get to the 40s and 50s in due time...

Haven't seen La Habanera but the films most people refer to as classically 'Sirkian' are Written on the Wind, All that Heaven Allows and the remake of Imitation of Life.

EDIT: You might've seen Todd Haynes's Far From Heaven, with Julianne Moore, which is a kind of pastiche/tribute to those films.

Speaking of Peckinpah, are you a fan of Walter Hill? Always thought he was something of an heir to Peckinpah. Not in all his films but definitely stuff like Southern Comfort, Last Man Standing, Extreme Prejudice. Wonderful stuff. He also had a big hand in the Deadwood series but that was a bit hit and miss.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|