View Single Post
Old 05.24.2012, 05:45 PM   #1411
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

So Joey Barton gets a twelve match ban. Surely no club will be interested in him now. If he really was that good on the pitch he might've been able to ride it (as Cantona and Di Canio did with similar bans) but I've never seen him as anything other than a mid-table journeyman, at best. He just isn't worth the hassle.

Also, saw this on the Footballspeak site. Purely speculative, obviously, but it's their Euro 2012 pre-tournament dream team, based on the squads for the qualified teams. Some I'd agree with, some I wouldn't but an interesting choice, nonetheless. They've gone for a 4-5-1 formation, with a defensive midfielder:

GK - Joe Hart (England/Man City)
RB - Phillip Lahm (Germany/Bayern Munich)
CB - Georgio Chiellini (Italy/Juventus)
CB - Gerard Pique (Spain/Barcelona)
LB - Daniel Agger (Denmark/Liverpool)
DM - Bastian Schweinstieger (Germany/Bayern Munich)
LM - Christiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid)
CM - Andres Iniesta (Spain/Barcelona)
CM - Xavi (Spain/Barcelona)
RM - Franck Ribery (France/Bayern Munich)
ST - Robin Van Persie (Holland/Arsenal)

I agree with the formation and haven't seen enough of some players to say either way (Chiellini and Lahm) but would definitely replace Agger with Ashley Cole. I don't know about the midfield though. Schweinsteiger seems a bit wasted in the defensive midfield role (where does he play for Bayern?) but don't know who I'd have there in his place (Busquets?). I'd still want Schweinsteiger to play. I'm just not sure where or who I'd have him replace. I'm still not sure about Ribery and Iniesta seems to have had a dip in form so I might replace him, too. Xavi and C Ronaldo pretty much pick themselves (although I'd have Ronaldo on the Right and maybe switch Ribery to the Left) and I have to agree with their choice of Van Persie. Maybe Neuer for Hart but I've no problem with either choice.

Anyway, obviously just a bit of fun, really.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|